Thursday, May 20, 2010
My Mrs. Colorado 2010 Experience
What an amazing experience! I know most of you have seen my pics and read my updates on Facebook, but I thought I'd post a here as well.
Last weekend, I competed against 51 other beautiful women from around the State of Colorado. Thursday morning we had interviews and that evening was the Preliminary Competition. Based on scores from those two events, the Top 15 were selected - to be announced Saturday night during the big show at Ellie Caulkins Opera House. I felt great about my performance and was thrilled to be named in the Top 15!
Once in the Top 15, we then had to re-compete in swimsuit. As Contestant #1, I had the pleasure of going first and soaked up every minute of it! While I am proud of the fitness progress I have made since Colby was born just a year ago, I will admit that I still have some sculpting to do... Unfortunately, after swimsuit, I was not selected to make Top 10. However, a couple of my favorite ladies were and I was thrilled for them!
The Top 10 then re-competed in Evening Gown and the Top 5 were named. Again, one of the wonderful ladies I had the pleasure of getting to know made it! Finally, the Top 5 answered on stage questions and the final judging was completed. Our new Mrs. Colorado 2010 is Shalon Polson of Parker. While I did not have the chance to get to know her, I am sure she is an amazing woman - as all of the contestants were.
I was so lucky to have the support of my family, friends and community! Thank you to everyone who shared kind words, helped with wardrobe decisions, watched my girls, sent flowers, called, texted, and sat on the phone with me for hours during long drives (MOM), etc...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment