Saturday, June 18, 2011

March-May 2011

So, I guess it's been a busier Spring than I thought! Just logged on to our blog and discovered thath I haven't posted since the end of February! Wow! Well, to get caught up, I have posted slideshows from each of the past three months with a few tidbits about what we've been up to...
May 2011

May brought the end of the school year and the beginning of tee ball. Carter is playing on a "real team" this year that plays more organized games than she did in pee wee ball last year. It takes a bit of coaxing to get her there each time, but once she's on the field, she has a blast! The weather has finally gotten warm and we are loving spending time playing outside. Our front yard now fits right in with the Deer Trail way - bikes, other ride-on's, chairs and whatnot are strewn everywhere, but it means we're having fun!

April 2011

In early April, the girls and I took a trip up to Portland to celebrate Colby's 2nd Birthday before she actually turned two and would start requiring a paid seat on the airplane! Later in the month, we attended two different Easter Egg hunts and finally celebrated Colby's actual second birthday with lots of cake and "i peam" aka ice cream.

March 2011

In March, our Basketball season came to an end when the Girls Varsity Team lost at Regionals. It was a great ride for both teams this year and Aaron truly enjoyed coaching them. The girls had fun but were also super excited to have A LOT more Daddy-time when the season ended. Over Spring Break, we visited the Pirates exhibit at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, Colorado's infamous "Casa Bonita," and discovered an awesome swimming center called Apex. Carter now asks to go about every other day!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Loved your "fitting in to the Deer Trail way" comment! I just looked up and saw that it's Colby's birthday--Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! I know you will have fun celebrating. We are busy moving into our new house. If you are ever in the area, you should stop by!! Hope you are doing well.

Team Thompson said...

what a fun posting. loved the last 10 min looking at all the pictures and reading up. Have a great time in Portland. We can't wait to check out Redmond next week and have our family reunion. Esepecially to get out of this heat! :)